Agile Tools & Techniques – Risk Management trong Agile – Luyện thi PMI-ACP
Agile Risk Management is one of ten Agile Tools & Techniques, appear around 50% in the PMI-ACP exam.
Risk is uncertainty that could affect the success/failure of the project. Risks can be threats or opportunities, negative project risks are considered as “anti-value”. In order to maximize values, negative risks must be minimized while positive risks should be utilized
Risks identification should involve the customer, project team and all relevant stakeholders
Five Core Risks mentioned in the book “The Software Project Manager’s Bridge to Agility”
- Productivity variation (difference between planned and actual performance)
- Scope creep (considerable additional requirements beyond initial agreement)
- Specification breakdown (lack of stakeholder consensus on requirements)
- Intrinsic schedule flaw (poor estimates of task durations)
- Personnel loss (the loss of human resources)
Risks are assessed by risk probability (how likely it occurs) and risk impact (how severe the risk impact is):
- Risk Severity = Risk Probability x Risk Impact (Risk Score)
- Risk probability can be a percentage value or a number on a relative scale (the higher the more likely)
- Risk impact can be dollar value or a number on a relative scale (the higher the more costly to fix)
As a general rule, ‘riskier’ features (with high values) should be tested in earlier sprints to allow the project to “fail fast” as failing during the earlier phrase of the project is much less costly than failing during a later phrase
Risk is high at the beginning of the project (both for traditional and Agile projects) but Agile projects have higher success rates as the very nature of Agile project management tends to reduce risks as changes are inherent to the projects
Risk can be categorized into the following:
- Business – related to business value
- Technical – about technology use and/or skill sets
- Logistic – related to schedule, funding, staffing, etc.
- Others – Political, Environmental, Societal, Technological, Legal or Economic (PESTLE)
Agile Risk Management includes:
Nếu có bất cứ chia sẻ về luyện thi PMP, PMI-RMP, PMI-ACP hay góp ý bạn vui lòng chia sẻ ở dưới phần bình luận. Tôi rất vui lòng về điều đó. Cảm ơn.