Tìm hiểu công cụ Communication Skills ITTO trong luyện thi PMP
Communication techniques that can be used for this process include but are not limited to:
- Communication competence. A combination of tailored communication skills that considers factors such as clarity of purpose in key messages, effective relationships and information sharing, and leadership behaviors.
- Feedback. Feedback is information about reactions to communications, a deliverable, or a situation. Feedback supports interactive communication between the project manager, team and all other project stakeholders. Examples include coaching, mentoring, and negotiating.
- Nonverbal. Examples of nonverbal communication include appropriate body language to transmit meaning through gestures, tone of voice, and facial expressions. Mirroring and eye contact are also important techniques. The team members should be aware of how they are expressing themselves both through what they say and what they don’t say.
- Presentations. A presentation is the formal delivery of information and/or documentation. Clear and effective presentations of project information to relevant stakeholders can include but are not limited to:
- Progress reports and information updates to stakeholders;
- Background information to support decision making;
- General information about the project and its objectives, for the purposes of raising the profile of the work of the project and the team; and
- Specific information aimed at increasing understanding and support of the work and objectives of the project. Presentations will be successful when the content and delivery take the following into account:
- The audience, their expectations, and needs; and
- The needs and objectives of the project and project team.