SCRUM – Things you need to keep in mind – Luyện thi PMI-ACP
In the previous article, we saw when we must use Scrum. If you are reading this article, it means that you have decided to use Scrum in your organization. Before you go full-on with scrum implementation, there are a few things you need to know about scrum. They are:
- Scrum concepts are very simple and easy to understand but following & implementing the same is not as easy as it sounds.
- The Scrum Master’s role is pivotal to the success of your project. He/she is the person who will make sure Scrum is properly followed in your organization.
- Every Scrum Sprint starts with Planning and ends with testing & acceptance of the product built during the sprint cycle
- The Development Team can usually start work on the sprint as soon as the initial few entries in the product backlog are ready/well defined.
- In a Scrum Environment, there is no Project Manager. The team is self-organizing and self-managing.
- The Scrum Master is not the Project Manager. His role is not to manage the team. His role is to facilitate the proper implementation of scrum in the organization and help the team if they encounter any issues/impediments.
- The Product Owners role is pivotal to the value creation part of the product being built. Any project would require significant investments and without a proper product owner the team might not be able to deliver as much value as compared to the investments the organization is making.
- The Product Owner decides the product features while the Team is free to decide the “How” aspect of the implementation.
- The Product Owner is usually the point of contact for the Customers and acts as the bridge between the scrum team & the end users.