Công cụ quản lý dự án Virtual Teams trong PMP là gì?
Công cụ này sử dụng trong quy trình: 9.2
The use of virtual teams creates new possibilities when acquiring project team members. Virtual teams can be defined as groups of people with a shared goal who fulfill their roles with little or no time spent meeting face to face. The availability of communication technology such as e-mail, audio conferencing, social media, web-based meetings and video conferencing has made virtual teams feasible. The virtual team model makes it possible to:
– Form teams of people from the same organization who live in widespread geographic areas;
– Add special expertise to a project team even though the expert is not in the same geographic area;
– Incorporate employees who work from home offices;
– Form teams of people who work different shifts, hours, or days;
– Include people with mobility limitations or disabilities;
– Move forward with projects that would have been ignored due to travel expenses.
There are some disadvantages related to virtual teams, such as possibility for misunderstandings, feeling of isolation, difficulties in sharing knowledge and experience between team members, and cost of appropriate technology. Communication planning becomes increasingly important in a virtual team environment. Additional time may be needed to set clear expectations, facilitate communications, develop protocols for resolving conflict, include people in decision making, understand cultural differences, and share credit in successes.